FREE EXPEDITED SHIPPING WITH ALL ORDERS!
KYDEX? V sheet has excellent forming properties, which results in uniform wall thicknesses and crisp detail. KYDEX? V sheet forms to deep draws with low forces when heated to the upper end of the forming temperature range. Unlike many other thermoforming sheets, KYDEX® V sheet has unusually high resistance to hot tearing.
- Oven temperatures should be set differently than the settings used for ABS or FR-ABS.
- Typical heater settings (percentage timers) are 30% – 50% top heaters and 50% – 70% bottom heaters.
- The most frequent problem is trying to heat the sheet too quickly, particularly on the primary surface.
- Cycle times will vary depending on the oven conditions and grade of KYDEX® V sheet being formed.
- When forming KYDEX® V sheet, it is better to rely on the sheet appearance during heating than on fixed cycle times.